Friday, August 06, 2004

 

Riding with my Son

Tamara Writes:

Blessings. A case of fresh, ripe figs. Sun when they forecast rain. Washable crayons. Riding the ferris wheel with my son.
I commented, "A glorious morning, a bike ride with MY son".

I've been riding a lot with my older son. Lately, I've been picking him up on Sunday mornings on the way to Central Park. He has inherited (during my lifetime, BH) my old Schwinn Circuit (the bike that I loved for 15 years) and he does it proud.

The truth is, even though he's thin and in good shape (for a college/yungerleit) he can't ride as fast or as long as I because he's not an obsessed lunatic and because my bike new bike is so much better.

Nevertheless, I gladly sacrifice my training for the zechus of riding with him. As Tamara suggests, it is indeed a blessing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?