Monday, August 02, 2004

 

Rough Morning

I should have known it wasn't going to go smoothly when I pulled up to Dunkin Donuts at 5:10 on Sunday morning and there were five ciustomers ahead of me, one of whom was ordering 7 dozen donuts. (I have no patience and would normally have bolted for 7-11. The only reason I stayed is because my son only drinks Chalav Yisrael and DD was the only place open at that hour that serves it).

After finally getting our coffee, it was on to Central Park. I had an ambitious plan to do a couple of 6 mile laps but mainly to do hill repeats of the north hill in Harlem. Unfortunately, at the end of our first lap, we ran into an in-line skating race that had hundreds of skaters of varying abilities. It was annoying but manageable.

What wasn't manageable was the rain. During my first hill repeat it started raining hard. The Israel Ride that I am training for is guaranteed to be dry, so I have no use for rain, particularly while descending steep hills.

We left after completeing our second lap. The good news is that I was extremely strong. I have reached a higher madreiga in my biking. I flew up the hill on each of my three climbs and was much faster and stronger all around the park.

On our way home, I went to the EZ Pass lane only to discover that my account was messed up. They confistacted my EZ Pass tag and now I have the hassle of replacing it.

Long lines are a bad omen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?