Monday, August 16, 2004

 

Two Flats and $80 Later...

....We had a nice ride.

Since Sunday morning was a rainy mess, I didn't bother getting up early. Instead, my son and I decided to ride to Point Lookout again at around 10 a.m.

Unfortunately, when I went to inflate his tires, I saw that his rear tire was flat.

So, I hooked up the bikes to the back of the car and drove to the bike shop. The rear tire on his bike (my 15-year-old Schwinn Circuit) was shot. I bought a new tire, a Botranger Kevlar tire for about $40. With the new tube, labor and tax, that came to about $65.

We rode out fast and hard to Point Lookout. There was a slight tail wind so we both pushed the biggest gear the entire ride. We turned around and started heading back. The ride, into a slight head wind now, was a bit more challenging but not really a problem. We were cranking and having fun.

Until I got a flat.

I was about to start changing my flat when a passerby pointed out that a bike store was literally one block away. Since I would rather spend a few bucks to have someone change a flat then do it myself, I walked the bike to the store. Sixteen dollars later they changed the flat and I was back on my way.

All in all, a great, if expensive ride.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?