Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

Why Am I So Slow?

I had a wonderful ride on a magnificent morning (the summer has been ridiculously mild). I could not have asked for better conditions.

I was on the rode in Central Park at 5:40 a.m. I started my ride with six one-mile 'repeats' of the Great Hill in Harlem. Then I did 5 six-mile loops of the perimiter road. 36 miles altogether (right Ben?)

Starting at 6, there was a bike race in the park. This is a very humbling experience because there were constantly bikers passing me (including the female variety) as if I were standing still. In fact, I am so slow, I am almost standing still. My average speed today was actually slightly below a pathetic 15 mph.

I am running out of excuses for being so slow. I think I am resolved to being slow. Steady but slow. I will make it through my tour in Israel, but very slowly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?