Wednesday, September 29, 2004

 

Fading Away

I have lost ten pounds since I started training for the Alyn Hospital Ride. I've lost five pounds just in the last five weeks. Not that I'm trying. The pounds are just coming off.

In an average hour of training I burn about 765 calories. In a century ride, I burn about 6,000 calories. You can eat 25 four-ounce orders of french fries and still not consume 6,000 calories.

Since I'm training about 8 to 12 hours a week, I just can't eat enough to maintain my weight. In general, I'm not a huge eater and MHW is a very health conscious cook. Very low fat, very low in complex carbs.

I've started eating pancakes twice a week, and a three egg omelete one morning. I've even taken to eating a bag of potato chips after training. Doesn't help.

In endurance biking, it is very good to be very thin so that's fine as far as it goes. My concern is that I am getting too thin and will not have the energy to ride hard for five straight days.

Perhaps I will make some inroads during a three day Yom Tov.

Comments:
Eat more kigil. Haw! Haw!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?