Thursday, August 26, 2004

 

The First Century

I am planning on doing my first 'century' on Sunday. A century, for all you silly non-riders out there, is a 100 mile ride.

It's stupid enough to do a century when you're feeling well and the weather is supposed to be good. Unfortunately, I almost blew out my left knee during Tuesday morning's ride, developed a nasty cold yesterday and the weather report for Sunday calls for isolated thunder showers (which means high humidity).

Will any of that stop me? Unlikely.

I have been taking 12 Advil a day since Tuesday so my knee is getting better. Unless I physically can't get out of bed on Sunday because of my cold, I intend to do the ride. There is always the option of bagging out after 60 miles (a metric century, for sissies) but that's not my style.

Comments:
What happens if you break down a long way from home?

And what did people do when they broke down a long way from home before cell phones?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?